Takeaway elevator pitch
Aveliana is an action-infiltration game recognizable by its art design as well as for its fun and unique gameplay!
Embrace Aveliana’s quest to bring back someone she has lost! The game takes place alternatively in an isometric or a 2D point of view and is fast-paced. Guide her through arduous paths watched by monsters, follow the trace of a mysterious fox, and find the powerful artifacts she is looking for at the core of wonderful temples. Will you stealth your way to victory? Seek a forgotten path on the edge of a cliff? Or stand and fight against your enemies? The choice is yours!
copy and share the link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/aveliana/aveliana
- A fast growth: Aveliana’s development has started on the 23rd of February 2020!
- More than 100 fanarts of the game!
- Release date: End of 2021 / beginning of 2022
- Genre: action-infiltration-adventure in 2.5D and 2D
- Platform: PC (Steam)
- Keywords: Artistic game, Poetic, Hand-drawn, Fast-paced, Infiltration-action-adventure, Engaging story, Minimalistic
- Solo developer and publisher: Romain A.K.A. TheFrenchDev
5K followers in the first 6 months
More than 20 streams on the game!
300+ wishlists on Steam!
The demo has been played more than 400 times!
- Aveliana has been invited for a special showcase at The Escapist Game Showcase (Fall edition of 2020) by The Escapist Magazine.
- Aveliana has been selected and featured on Gamejolt.com and selected as an Indie Gem!
Why inventing a new gameplay?
A few genres in indie videogames are overrepresented such as platformer, Metroidvania, or rogue-like! With Aveliana I want to bring novelty to indie games with a fun and original gameplay! It’s an infiltration-action-adventure game with an original, diverse, and extremely fun gameplay
What about the story?
While looking for three artifacts, Aveliana will wander a poetic yet dangerous world and discover about her and her environment! As in indie game developer and following my personal thoughts about our world, I wish to use the videogame as a media to share and carry meaningful messages. As a scientist, what passionate me the most is how a bunch of atoms can come to live, think, eat, love, etc. The fox that is the second most important character in the game is a symbol of natural beauty and cleverness that needs to be preserved! Aveliana is a strong and reckless bunch of pixels; she is guided by this fox and she starts to understand who she is thanks to him! The whole artistic design, being minimalistic and poetic, has been thought for you to enter into Aveliana’s story and to live a great experience!
I am a French indie game developer currently based in Montpellier (France) working full time as a theoretical physicist! I started working on my first game, Aveliana, when I was finishing a Postdoc at MIT (Boston) and since then I’m working on it everyday afterwork!